Maryland Crab Imperial is a classic Chesapeake Bay dish that celebrates the rich flavors of fresh crab meat. This delectable recipe combines lump crab meat with a creamy, flavorful sauce, baked to perfection. Whether you're hosting a special dinner or simply indulging your taste buds, this Maryland Crab Imperial recipe is sure to impress your guests and leave them craving for more. Let's dive into the culinary delights of the Chesapeake Bay with this mouthwatering recipe.
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat, picked over for shells
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Lemon wedges and fresh parsley/chives, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease the Crab Imperial dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray and set it aside.
2. Prepare the crab mixture: In a large mixing bowl, combine the lump crab meat, mayonnaise, fresh parsley, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, Old Bay seasoning, black pepper, paprika, and hot sauce (if using). Gently fold the mixture together until well combined, being careful not to break up the crab meat too much.
3. Prepare the topping: In a separate bowl, mix together the fresh breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, and melted butter until the breadcrumbs are evenly coated with butter and cheese.
4. Assemble the dish: Spread the crab mixture evenly in Crab Imperial Dish. Top the crab mixture with the breadcrumb topping, ensuring an even layer.
5. Bake to perfection: Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the dish is heated through. The crab mixture should be bubbly around the edges.
6. Serve and garnish: Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley or chives and lemon wedges. Serve hot and enjoy the delightful flavors of a Classic Maryland Crab Imperial with crispy bread or a salad!